There are over ten million people in the United States living with osteoporosis and almost twenty million more living with a bone density low enough to put them at risk of it. This disease that destroys bone mass and promotes fractures and breaking can be painful and dangerous to live with, and that’s why it’s important you seek treatment for this disease. Thankfully, Lean Healthy Life has a wide range of programs to help treat the symptoms and causes of your osteoporosis. When you stop by for your personalized consultation, Dr. Lane or one of our other great specialists will help you determine which course of action is right for you. However, for now, let’s take a short look at the damage osteoporosis can do to your body and how we are here to help!
The term osteoporosis literally means “porous bones,” and this is a very apt description for a disease that weakens bones and reduces bone density. This is normally caused by a lack of protein and mineral content. While it can affect anyone, osteoporosis is most commonly diagnosed in women; however, there are other risk factors that can indicate your predisposition to osteoporosis including:
- Being over 65 years old
- A family history of the disease
- Early onset menopause
- A non-nutrient dense diet
- Excessive smoking or drinking
Osteoporosis is best treated preventatively based on your personal risk factors, but once symptoms do set in, these are some that you can expect:
- EASY BONE FRACTURES: many people have experienced broken bones, but these normally come from high impact situations like a car wreck or sports injury. However, with osteoporosis, these fractures come from incidents involving a lot less force.
- STOOPING OR LOSS OF HEIGHT: if you notice that you’re hunched over a lot more than usual or that you’ve begun to get shorter, then you may be suffering from compression fractures brought on by osteoporosis.
- UNEXPLAINED PAIN: there are a host of other complications that could cause you to experience joint or bone pain with no apparent cause.
Luckily, Lean Healthy Life is equipped to help you deal with these issues!
How Can Lean Healthy Life Help Your Osteoporosis?
We offer a wide range of programs that can help you manage the chronic pain associated with osteoporosis; however, our most exciting treatment, natural hormone therapy, can actually help treat it at its cause.
When our hormones are imbalanced, that can wreak all sorts of havoc on our bodies, including causing a reduction in bone density. With our innovative, all-natural hormone therapy, many patients suffering from osteoporosis have seen an improvement in their prognosis. Plus, with it, you don’t have any of the risks associated with synthetic hormones and the potentially dangerous chemicals that comprise them.