Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by chronic widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, mood and memory issues. The experts believe that fibromyalgia increases painful sensations by affecting the way your brain processes pain signals.
Most Common Symptoms Of Fibromyalgia
- Headaches are most common
- Tingling and numbness in hands and feet
- Tiredness which is sometimes severe causing poor concentration and at times the fatigue can be more distressing than the pain.
- Painful periods in some women with fibromyalgia
- Irritable bladder is very common-also going to the toilet more frequently than normal
- Memory and concentration problems
- It’s time to stop stressing yourself with medication to heal fibromyalgia as Dr. Eric A Lane- a reputable Tucson-based Chiropractic professional, helps you treat fibromyalgia without medication.
Treatments For Fibromyalgia
Exercise is not always a guarantee, but studies shows that it improves symptoms in a good number of cases. Aerobic exercises, whether weight resistance, stretching, swimming, walking, cycling, yoga and others are effective components for reversing fibromyalgia. A properly designed exercise routine and proper diet will help you:
- Promotes production of T-cells from the thymus – this results to a greater number of immune system boosting cells available to the body.
- Decrease risk of high blood pressure, diabetes, heart attack and high cholesterol
- Boosts bone mass and diminishes your risk of fracture or osteoporosis
- Increase flexibility allowing for a fuller range of motion without pain, pulls, strain and tears.
- Strengthen connective tissue while enhancing muscle tone
- Increase the flow of blood to muscle tissue which is tasked with transporting oxygen and nutrients to the muscle
- Relieve stress; boosts energy; reduce fatigue
Fibromyalgia exercise program to improve physical fitness should include:
- Strength or resistance training
- Stretching , breathing, relaxing
- Cardiovascular aerobic activities
B) Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
A type of psychotherapy used as a treatment for various mental health and physical problem. It tries to deal with how your current thoughts and behaviours are affecting you now. It can help you ease pain symptoms as it is problem-focused and practical. It can also help you take control of the extent to which pain, tiredness and other symptoms interfere with your life. This therapy helps you learn how to:
- Deal with negative thoughts
- Establish what makes your symptoms worse
- Seeks out enjoyable activities
- Set limits
- Keep a diary of pain and symptoms
C) Sleep Management Counselling
Through implementing a healthy sleep regime, you can obtain improved sleep. This includes going to bed and getting up at the same time daily in a conducive environment for sleep.
Experts say that women are much more likely to develop fibromyalgia than men. Also, symptoms sometimes begin after a surgery, physical trauma, infection or significant psychological stress. In other cases they gradually accumulate over time with no single triggering effect. Don’t just sit and wait for the symptoms to accumulate. The causes of fibromyalgia are not yet known and anyone may get infected. People with rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases are particularly likely to develop fibromyalgia.